where I'm going
where I've been
To tell and evolve brand stories through inclusion.
I want to make an impact. It's my personal goal as a creative to look beyond the brief for new ways to connect with people of all different backgrounds, ages, and beliefs.
FCB Chicago | Senior Copywriter, Oct 2019 - Now
- Manage digital and .com copy for a TV, internet, and home services brand.
- Bring new ideas to the whiteboard every time there's a creative special project or new business pitch.
Rise Interactive | Senior Copywriter, Jan 2017 - Oct 2019
- Daily ad copy and monthly content plans for retail, education, diet & wellness, foodservice, and healthcare brands.
- Lead creative team in brainstorms for new business campaigns, pitch theatre tactics, and best places to grab drinks together on Friday.
RPM Advertising | Copywriter, Oct 2013 - July 2016 | Senior Copywriter, July 2016 - Jan 2017
- Copy and creative strategy for a variety of casino, entertainment, retail, and spirits clients.
- Day-to-day assignments included TV and radio scripts, print ads, outdoor billboards, digital banners, social media content, branding assignments, and direct mail across 8+ brands.
- Singing jingles. Lots of jingles.
Walgreens Co. | Digital Marketing Consultant & Writer, Oct 2012 - Oct 2013
- Wrote content for Walgreens digital campaigns, social media, and the Happy + Healthy Blog.
- Managed digital activations for national campaigns. Highlights include the launch of Happy + Healthy Magazine and the award-winning All-Star Celebrity Apprentice integration.
past freelance & experience
ChiCitySports.com | 2012 - 2014 | Sports Blogger
Wrote game recaps, previews, and special interest pieces for the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Bears.
Arc Worldwide | 2012 | Intern & McCopywriter
Ran creative presentations, brainstorm sessions, and created headlines and concepts daily for Team McDonald's, Happy Meal, and McBreakfast.
Two x Four | 2012 | Copywriting Intern
Filled in on the creative team where needed and led seasonal projects for brands including Wrangler, Atkore, Grainger, Skyo, and the Chicago Bears.
Walgreens Co. | 2011 | eCommerce and Digital Marketing Intern
Developed and executed the mobile holiday campaign, assisted in daily marketing and social media operations, and often settled disputes on where to go to lunch.
University of Illinois Football | 2010 - 2012 | Writer & Designer
Designed recruitment marketing materials under a student-led group. We weren't exactly top dog in Big 10 football at the time, so I used my writing skills to swing the big guys into being our linebackers.
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Graduated May 2012
The Second City Training Center Chicago
Comedic Writing, Improvisation, Stand-Up
Completed Programs 2013, 2014
Volunteering with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Operating a dog bandana Etsy shop
Cheering on local drag queens
Giving my dachshund the good life
Casting local comedy shows
Ordering for the table at a Greek restaurant
Keeping succulents alive
Hitting the Chicago food scene with Guletsky Supper Club
Making lists that start with verbs
what else I've been up to
what I can do for you
Writing! --> digital, print, outdoor, TV, radio, direct mail, product naming
Brand & Promotional Jingles
UX Copy Consulting
Social Media Campaigns
Comedic Writing & Songwriting
Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
happy to talk, especially about...
Greek Food // Chicago Sports // Belgium // RuPaul's Drag Race // Marathon Training // Brewing Beer & Baking Cupcakes (together of course) // Jedi Mind Tricks // My Deep Dish Pizza Recipe // Your Feelings // The Derek Zoolander Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good // #GuletskySupperClub // Keeping up with the Bluths // Ice Cream Donut Sandwiches // Dunder Mifflin // Benny the Doxie